I don’t like anything too spicy, but this was just perfect. I really enjoyed this meal
What you need:
- chicken breasts ( I used 4 but they were big so I cut them in half)
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 of a cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of dried apricots
- olive oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 1/3 cup of chicken stock
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Ok so this is my version of a recipe I found, in the original there were more ingredients and it required some marinading and soaking for hours. I don’t know about you, but all these fancy recipes seem great except when you are in a hurry and you don’t have much time to spend in the kitchen, they seem impossible! So I edited the ingredients and I did some other things a bit differently and it turned out amazing!
- Cut chicken breasts in half if desired
- Get a small bowl, cover dried apricots with water and let soak
- Prepare chili sauce -> Get a small bowl and mix chili powder, ginger, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 350° Place chicken breasts on baking pan or casserole dish that is coated with olive oil, spread chili sauce on each breasts.
- Place onions, chopped tomatoes chicken stock, salt and pepper and drained apricots on top of chicken. Baked for 1h 20m Serve with rice.