I usually don’t like curry but I was pleasantly surprised with this recipe, however I left some ingredients out as I couldn’t find them. It tasted amazing regardless!
What you need:
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into pieces (I used a whole pack as I make left overs for lunches)
- 1 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tbsp of ginger powder or fresh ginger
- 1 tsp of tumeric
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of fresh or dried cilantro to garnish
- cooked rice of your choice
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5-8 min, turning often, until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from the saucepan and set aside. Add cumin seeds and cook until they begin to darken and sizzle. (I didn’t have seeds I only has powder so I used that instead) Stir in onion, partly cover and cook over med-low heat, stirring often for 10 min or until soft and golden. Add garlic , ginger, turmeric, and coriander cook for 1 min.
Return chicken to pan and stir in coconut milk and tomatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 min, until sauce has reduced and thickened. Stir in lemon juice and season to taste with salt.
Serve over rice sprinkled with cilantro.