This is one of our favourties so far! We originally found this recipe in the Wheat Belly cookbook, but altered it slightly to our liking.
Here is what you need:
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped (I’ve used red or yellow),
- 2 packages of spinach (I used half a pack of a family size pack)
- 1 tsp of dried oregano, 1/2 tsp of garlic salt, 1/2 tsp of black pepper, 2 tsps of lemon juice
- 1/2 a package of feta cheese (about 1 cup or less, don’t use too much otherwise it turns out wayyy to salty)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseeds.
Heat oil in a large pan, cook onion until lightly browned stirring frequently. Add spinach, cook ,stirring, until heated through. place in a bowl to cool slightly. Ass oregano, garlic salt, pepper, lemon juice cheese, egg and flaxseed. Mix everything together with hands, shape into patties.
Heat more oil in the same pan, cook patties until brown. Serve with side of your choice.